Frequently Asked Questions
What to do when pump takes more than 45 seconds to prime or does not prime at all ?
- Never run dry for more than 2 minutes. So if pump does not prime in 45 seconds; that means there is some problem.
- Check for leakage in suction line.
- Check whether dry vacuum remains stable or not.
- Suction lift too high.
How to Check Dry Vacuum?
- Close all inlets and outlets of pump and open the priming valve (if provided). Run the pump to achieve maximum vacuum but not more than 2 minutes. Turn off the pump and check whether pump vacuum remains stable or not for 2 minutes.
What to do when pump does not perform the rated performance ?
- Check the suction line / strainer for blockages.
- Strainer placed very near to the walls of well.
- Increased suction lift.
How to detect leaking of mechanical carbon seal ?
- Continuous leaking of water from behind the pump body while operating pump.
- Dry vacuum does not remain stable.
- Remedy – Replace Mechanical Carbon Seal Kit.
How to check oil level of pump & what is the recommended oil for pump bearings ?
- Dipstick is fixed in the bearing housing of pump. Maximum and minimum level indication is provided on it.
- Recommended oil for pump bearings - SAE 40 / equivalent.
What to do when portable pump does not start properly ?
- Check for sufficient fuel level & fuel cock position.
- Loose battery / wiring connections.
- Apply choke in case of petrol engines.
- Check battery voltage.
What is the recommended oil for Fire hawk P.T.O. ?